Graduation will be held May 24, 2017, at 3:30PM at Kennesaw State University’s Convocation Center at 590 Cobb Ave, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Graduation Letter for parents:
Kennesaw State University is located at the intersection of I-75 and Chastain Road. From I-75, exit at Chastain Road (Exit 271) and turn west. Go to the first traffic light past the I-75 ramps and turn right onto Frey Road for graduate or guest parking. For handicap and special assistance parking, continue to the second traffic light and turn right on Kennesaw State University Road. Additional approach information and alternate routes are available on the district website at www.cobbk12.org/graduation
- Students and guests will have to pay to park at KSU this year. The cost will be $10 per vehicle.
- Students will park in the Central Parking Deck (see map) and report to the Carmichael Student Center University Room for line up. All students will be processed from the Student Center to the Convocation Center for the ceremony.
- Guests will not be allowed to enter the room with the graduates at the Student Center.
- All guest parking is located in the East Parking Deck & East Parking Lot (see attached map). Parking for Guests with disabilities or those requiring special assistance is located in lots A & B and a shuttle will move them to the Convocation Center.
- Map of Parking at KSU ksu-parking-map-graduation
In accordance with requirements set forth by Kennesaw State University, all bags and packages being brought into the Convocation Center will be searched. Guests should be advised to not bring any packages that cannot be opened or inspected and to allow extra time for entry as there may be delays.
Students will have 2 practices at Osborne this year the Monday and Tuesday before graduation. There will be no practices held at KSU. All practices are mandatory so if students miss a practice they can be removed from the graduation ceremony itself.
Senior Checkout: Monday, May 22nd 9:30AM – 11:35AM Osborne Cafeteria – mandatory for all seniors planning to attend practice.
Practice #1: Monday, May 22nd 11:30AM – 3:30PM in the Old Gym at Osborne
Practice #2: Tuesday, May 23rd 8:30AM – 9:45AM in the Old Gym at Osborne
All practices are mandatory. Failure to attend either practice will result in a students ineligibility to participate in graduation.
Students will receive a letter in March detailing much more information on times and requirements for the events of that week.
A professional photographer will be provided at graduation to take photos of students as they receive their diplomas. Information on ordering those photos will be provided to graduates and families prior to the ceremony.
In addition Cobb County will have a DVD available to purchase of the ceremony. Information on this will also be provided as we get closer to the ceremony.
Personal Photography: Guests are welcome to use cameras for still and video photography. However, the use of tripods, monopods, selfie sticks or other camera stabilizing devices is not permitted either inside or outside the venue.
Cap and Gowns:
Caps and Gowns: all gowns can be purchased through Herff Jones. The cost is currently approximately $60 plus tax and shipping and handling. The cost will increase each month by $10 starting January 1st. Additional expedited costs may be incurred if orders are placed close to graduation time.